Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My birthday boy!

Pre birthday nap. Notice- no pacifiers!

Joel and his fiance Kristin
Lucas joining in on the party.


Oh yea, guns.
Uncle Joel helping Joshua
My little boy is 3! 3 yeers olnd. Thats how he says it anyway. I had wanted to do some kind of party, but I kept putting it off, not sure of what to do. McDonalds was booked up for a few months, so that was out. So we just ordered pizza and wings from my favorite wing place. We had chocolate cupcakes and green ice cream, Joshua's favorite. My friend Tiffany and her 2 boys, Christian and Cameron came too. They are older, but get a kick out of Joshua. Uncle Jesse and Uncle Joel, Aunt Kristin, grandma Kris, and Grandpa Tom joined us too. We had a lot of fun. It was a bit crazy....and a bit loud. But overall it was a success.
I like to think of myself as pretty centimental, but this year I didn't cry. LOL. I do want to write a few things down, and here is where its easiest at this point in my life.
This year Joshua has grown leaps and bounds. He talks up a storm and is so full of energy. He loves running and jumping...and growling. He knows all of his colors, shapes, alphabet, and can count to 20. He has been to quite a few places in his life too. He was born in Texas. Has traveled to Florida, California, New York and Hawaii. All in 3 years. Wow!
He is a fiesty kid, but he is oh so loving. He may hit once in a while, but he is always quick to say he is sorry and give a hug. He is rarely ever shy. He'll offer a hug and a hello to almost anyone, anywhere.
Joshua knows how to push my buttons, but I would never trade him for anything. He has been a great big brother and such a trooper through these last few months. If I had a momma's boy, I don't think that he would have been so great through our stay in the hospital. Even after 3 years, I get teary eyed thinking of the day that I found out I was pregnant. He was the most easy going baby ever, just exactly what I needed at that time in my life. He is the light of my life and I love him so.

2 comments:

Montefusco Family said...

Guns.
LOL

Anonymous said...

There will always be something special about the first born! I think tug at our heartstrings the most while giving us the greatest challenges :-)