Friday, September 11, 2009

Learning baby

As always, I am amazed. I got to thinking the other day how babies learn new 'tricks'. It comes natural. They just know how to put their weight on their arms. They know how to get up on all fours. They scoot, crawl, all naturally. But there is a difference with Lucas. He has to be taught these things. I'm not sure why. I guess there is a missing link somewhere that he doesn't know how to do those things. But the amazing thing is that, Lucas CAN learn. Once we teach him to do something, and he practices, he gets it.

We've been working on crawling more, and the movements for walking. We teach him these movements on the stairs. Usually he brings his knees up and stays there. We then bring his foot up maunally and then he proceeds to go to his knees again. This past week we've noticed that he almost resists us bringing foot up to stand. But after we bribed him with ice cream, he worked his way up the stairs! It was so great. And equally hilarious!



Here are a few pictures of my beautiful boys. I can't believe how grown up they are becoming. I am shocked daily at the amazing things they can BOTH do.



2 comments:

Montefusco Family said...

I love that you are bribing him with ice cream, that's my boy!! I'm so proud and amazed when I see how well he is doing.
:)

Rebekah Moore said...

awesome watching lucas go!! i think it's cool that he recognizes that he wants the ice cream so that u can use it as a 'bribe' to get him up the stairs! i was laughing and crying all at once! what an angel!!! good job, lucas! and mommy too!