Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Inevitable

Inevitable- incapable of being avoided or evaded.

Well, it happened. It was inevitable.

I got my first gray hair.

I know it sounds trivial, but its quite a big deal. I thought I'd be safe from the gray until I hit 30, seeing as I am 29. But it happened. Sunday.

I guess I've never been one for freaking out because I'm getting older. Its part of life, and its something that I've always accepted. I've got laugh lines and crows feet. They don't bother me. But this one threw me for a loop.

I wonder how long I would have gone without noticing. But thanks to my dear friend, who shall remain nameless, showed me. And laughed, no doubt. I guess she thought it was funny because she's had gray since she was 16. And my dear husband, he laughed too. He's been going gray since right after we got married.

But I guess it was inevitable. 9 years of a hard, lesson learning marriage. A 3 year old who can break the best of them. And a baby who has given us a really hard year and a half. 6 moves in 9 years. I guess it couldn't have been prevented.

So, another milestone for momma. I guess its a week I'll never forget.

1 comment:

Gary and Samantha said...

Congrats?? I found my one and (hopefully) only, grey hair last year.