Saturday, August 7, 2010

Holy Birthday?!

Well, my little wee baby is turning 2! Isn't that amazing?! I love looking back over the last 2 1/2 years at this little man's life. I am in awe every time I reminisce. He is a miracle, through and through.

Here is a video montage from last years 1 year birthday. I reminisce a lot!


This year, Lucas is doing pretty amazing. He is still crawling around like a maniac. Its amazing how fast he actually is. He is babbling and 'singing'. Sometimes he will hold a little conversation with you. (In high pitched squeaks, that is) He loves to climb stairs, squeeze animals, and pull hair. He is showing some signs of an average 2 year old, too. He is hitting, biting and not listening to the word 'NO'. Its a nice reminder of how far he has actually come!

Lucas is still in PT, OT, Speech and Vision therapy weekly. Its been such a blessing for him. I realized how much of an impact it has on him, when we were gone for 5 weeks to NY. But we are getting back in to the swing of things around here.

Lucas can light up a room when he is there. Everyone falls in love with him. I call him prince charming because he is so sweet and he has a charm over people. He has to go through so much physically, yet he is so forgiving immediately after.

I just am in love with my little boy. He has made my life mean something more than I ever thought possible. He has made my life worth it. I sometimes wonder why. I wonder why this happen to him? Why did this happen to me? And then I realize that it is the way it is supposed to be. I wouldn't change my sweet angel for anything in the world! He is perfect and amazing, just the way God made him! <3

1 comment:

Jan said...

Happy Birthday, Lucas! What a cute little 2-year-old you are.