Sunday, October 12, 2008

Ok, so I thought that I should update a bit on life over here. Things are going really well. Not too much has changed. We are still really busy and keeping busy every week with appointments and trying to see everyone that we have missed over that last couple of months.

Lucas has been making great progress. We are bottle feeding and nursing throughout the day and still on the g-tube at night. He is gaining weight really well too. He was up to 8lbs 14oz last week! Shocking, I know! He is still long and skinny, but there is a little more chub to his cheeks these days. We had our 2 month check up with shots last week too. He did great and never seemed to have any issues with them. We also met with the cardilogist this week. Things are still looking really good with his heart. The VSD and ASD's don't seem to be causing any problems and we are hoping that they just get smaller as time goes by. The plan is to have another echo in November to make sure things look good.

We also met with the Early Intervention program to see what Lucas qualifies for and to get evaluated. The coordinator brought a therapist that will work with Lucas and she specializes in vision. I am not too sure that Lucas' eyes are working as they should. We don't really notice any focus on us or toys and there isn't much tracking. Occasionally we'll see him watch something, but its not as often as we would like. The therapist gave me a card of a Dr that works with the brain and eyes and with babies. So we are hoping to get in there soon and maybe he can tell us something and give us some information. If you are wanting something to pray about, please pray for Lucas' eyes.

In the next few weeks we'll be meeting with urology, cardiology, and genetics. Once we've met them we'll be headed home to NY. I am getting excited and nervous at the same time. Flying with both of my boys alone is a bit scary. But I know it will be fine. I am excited to see my family and my friends and have Thanksgiving. Ahh, then to fly back home to WA. I love the way that works! LOL.

So that is the wrap up. Please keep praying for our little guy. We always need it! Oh, and Josh is finally back to work! I am so excited. Its been scary, but thank God its over!

1 comment:

Rebekah Moore said...

see how God works? u had ur hubby to help u get thru this together! i'm so happy lucas is gaining weight! u better fatten him up so i can kiss those chubby cheeks hehe! i am ssoooo looking forward to seeing u when u come up for a visit.